Thursday 15 August 2024

Farmers fight against the corporate takeover of farming!


In the wake of Irish farmers being accused by 'green activists' of being 'organised by the far-right,' Thomas Fazi, an Irish journalist, refuted this claim thus, when questioned by an MCC Brussels reporter:
“I come from the left and what I see, I see the farmers fighting against free trade deals that are bad for farmers themselves, are bad for consumers, they're bad for the environment and are, really, only good for big business! I see them fighting against the corporate takeover of farming at the expense of family run farms! I see them fighting for food sovereignty. These are all things that the left used to fight for twenty years ago.

I was part of the anti-globalisation movement and we were making a lot of the same claims that farmers are making today! There’s nothing far-right about all this. The farmers' fight is a just fight and they are fighting not just for themselves but for all of us!”

No comments:

Post a Comment