Monday 19 June 2006

Ambition powered by insecurity

In the 14 June 2010 edition of The Daily Telegraph, Daniel Hannan, Conservative MEP for South East England since 1999, wrote this:

"Eleven years in politics have convinced me of P J O’Rourke’s theory that A DISPROPORTIONATE NUMBER OF POLITICIANS WERE BULLIED AT SCHOOL... When I say 'bullied at school', I don’t mean being picked on once or twice – something that I suspect has happened to almost everyone, I’m talking about a broader psychological phenomenon, A NEED TO SHOW EVERYBODY.

It might have its roots in school misery, or in parental rejection… the outcome is the same: AMBITION POWERED BY INSECURITY...

When ED BALLS, in pursuit of the Labour leadership, says that he was remorselessly bullied at school, I believe him."
I like P J O’Rourke’s theory.

I wrote the following eight years ago:

"I have a theory. I think that something must have happened way back in the childhood of this bunch, which caused them to loathe and despise their own kind. Perhaps, when they were a child, they couldn't run as fast; perhaps they couldn't catch; perhaps they never got the runs or scored the goals; perhaps they were never picked for the team; perhaps they were thick; perhaps they were ugly; perhaps they had to wear national health spectacles with a crack in one lens; perhaps their mother made them wear a cap when no-one else did; perhaps they were laughed at and got pushed around; perhaps nobody liked them.

It's just a theory. I wish I knew what the reality was. What can make a man or woman betray their own great tribe with as much moral certainty and fervour as these have over the years? I really don't know.

What I do know is this: those who have consistently sought to unjustly incriminate and shame the British people by constantly reminding them of crimes they did not commit, whilst, at the same time, aggressively air-brushing the brute obscenity of the criminal immigrant out of the picture, do not, and never have had, the best interests of those who voted them into power at heart.

I believe that they have kept the Erskinesque information under wraps in order to facilitate the happy-clappy, melting pot agenda that only the do-gooders, know-betters, ends-justify-the-meaners, and the sinister, destructive forces behind them all, ever wanted."
According to a survey conducted by the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Mental Health, in July 2008 almost one fifth of MPs had suffered mental health problems at some time.

In September 2006, the Committee on Standards in Public and Life stated that just 23 per cent of Britons trusted Cabinet Ministers to tell the truth and only 29 per cent were prepared to trust the truthfulness of MPs in general.

So, if you vote for a mainstream politician, there is a distinct possibility that you will end up with a dishonest wimp, who may well be off his rocker, representing you in Parliament.

But we all knew that, didn't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment